Monday, June 15, 2009

Jeremiah 1:6-10

" 'Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak. I am only a child.'

But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and plant."

I don' t know about you, but I've had this same conversation with God. "I'm just a child." "I've barely made it out of high school and you want me to do what?!" I've always found myself in positions where I can lead, without being named the "leader," but for some reason, when I find myself in those same positions now, I find myself scared. I don't like it when other people label me as a child, even if it's just because I haven't had many life experiences, but I find that I often have that as my biggest excuse for not wanting to go where God leads me.

All I know is that God is leading me, He has gifted me, and I was created for this time. The God of the Ages is standing in front of me making way, to the sides of me to support me when I stumble, and behind me to minimize the attacks from when I'm not looking. I know that I have to combat this phrase every day. I am not just a child, I may be young, but God has gifted me.

What's your excuse?

No comments: